While IT budgets are largely flat, end users reliant on computing resources and services to get their jobs done are making more demands. To best meet these rising demands, IT needs more labor-reducing automation to keep up with the increasing needs of their companies.
Our Ethernet SAN technology simplifies the network and storage arrays, and our recent announcement introducing EtherDrive SAN Manager (ESM) 1.5 our newest management platform ties them together with automation and visibility across all resources making managing petabytes of shared storage as simple as managing local disk.
Coraid EtherDrive SAN Manager 1.5 leverages the scale out architecture of EtherDrive and the single namespace of CorOS to monitor and configure storage as a pooled resource. With a graphical user interface and rich REST API, administrators gain visibility and control over their entire storage network.
EtherDrive SAN Manager includes the Coraid ESM for vCenter Plug-in, which provides VMware administrators visibility and control over virtual machine storage, including virtual machine-to-storage mappings and the coordination and scheduling of array snapshots. It also includes a Microsoft VSS hardware provider that communicates with Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft Hyper-V to quiesce applications before storage snapshots, ensuring data consistency.
What’s New in EtherDrive SAN Manager 1.5
- Graphical User Interface: Provides the visibility and operational controls to provision, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot storage resources including the EtherDrive SRX and EtherDrive VSX.
- Physical Inventory: By leveraging the single namespace of CorOS, provides a detailed list of every physical component in the infrastructure including disks, logical volumes, appliances, and more, available in multiple views and with the ability to filter and sort to find specific resources.
- Alerts and Alarms: Provides proactive alerts and enables quick drill downs from system to appliance to disk to isolate issues.
- Web-style, REST Interface: Enables programmatic control of the storage infrastructure. With exactly the same rich API used by the graphical user interface, storage administrators and cloud operators can use a broad array of management tools to orchestrate their storage environment.
- The Coraid ESM for vCenter Plug-in: Enhances Coraid EtherDrive to provide VMware administrators visibility and control over virtual machine storage, including virtual machine-to-storage mappings and the coordination and scheduling of array snapshots for data protection.
- Microsoft VSS Hardware Provider: Communicates with Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft Hyper-V to quiesce applications before storage snapshots, ensuring data consistency.
Virtual server and cloud environments present unique storage management challenges and require interfaces that provide visibility, control, and automation of the virtual infrastructure system. Coraid's groundbreaking Ethernet SAN platform eliminates multiple layers of traditional SAN complexity, and EtherDrive SAN Manager enables powerful automation in virtualized and cloud computing environments.